Our leading (and only) basketball writer gives his, um, blunted, unconventional – and occasionally obsessively detailed – take on recent happenings in the hoops world.
Yes, the Raptors hit a rough patch over the last week, but as we say in the newest podcast at Raptors Republic the sky isn’t falling in T-Dot. In fact, two of the keys to Raps success that we discussed – getting to the free throw line and giving Jonas Valanciunas enough PT – were instrumental in last night’s win over the Mavs! (The weekly podcast is recorded Wednesdays before that night’s games.)
Check out the podcast here.
As usual, here’s a list of topics we discuss, pasted from host PhdSteve’s summary on the site:
- The Raptors as a .500 team and why there really is no need to overreact to a horrible week
- Some of the trends in the week that was 1-3 like, for example: too many 3 point attempts, not enough free throws, tired legs, & not enough Amirsborough
- Why the team plays better when Jonas plays more
- A 3-2 week over the next 7 days? Or should we just stop talking now given our track record!
- How good is Indiana? Are they now the team to beat in the East?
- How good is Kevin Durant?
- Who the heck is Creighton?
- Is there parity now in the NCAA and what does this say about the upcoming draft talent?
- Should the Raps trade out of this draft?
- Is it still Kosher to talk about trading Kyle Lowry?
- For those interested, stick around after the outro for a quick 1-2 mins on Joel Embiid
Check it out, and keep an eye out for new posts in the near future here at TFQ!