Our leading (and only) basketball writer gives his, um, blunted, unconventional – and occasionally obsessively detailed – take on recent happenings in the hoops world.
So the Raptors are good…who knew! It’s a weird but welcome adjustment for my colleagues at Raptors Republic, who had me on their podcast again, courtesy Phd Steve and his crew. I’m still deep into the NFL playoffs here at TFQ, but will get onto roundball once the Super Bowl fanfare is done.
For now, you can check out the podcast here.
As usual, here’s a summary of what we discussed, lifted from the site. Check it out – it’s a good one, especially if you get off on thinking about the draft like we do!
- The latest trade by the Celtics and why this means Rondo is or is not more available.
- Should the Raptors trade up to get into this draft if they keep winning?
- What’s the cost of trading up in a draft as hyped as the 2014 class?
- The NFL Draft and NBA Draft similarities and differences
- “One and Dones”
- The new #1 prospect on the ESPN big board from Kansas and it’s not #tankforwiggins
- Franchise QBs and transformative talents
- The Raptors as flat track bullies- taking out the trash!
- The difference a bench makes
- The improvement on D is the biggest change in the Raps post Rudy Gay
- · How the Raptors will annihilate the Celtics and continue on their win streak as they roll towards the top of the conference
- The next 7 days and 4 games for the Raps
- What’s up with Kevin Love calling out his teammates?
- Is Drake the real all star on the Raps
- The Raptors Re-brand going black and gold?
Just remember we record this pod on Wednesday afternoons- so ignore all the “we are going to beat the Celtics talk.”
Check it out, and keep an eye out for new posts in the near future here at TFQ!